There are a few demo creation platforms on the market, each one claiming to be the best. So which one is the best?
We think the more important question is, which platform is the best for you?
Below are a few questions that will help you decide if Reprise is the best demo creation platform for you. Read them all, or skip ahead to the ones that resonate.
Most demo creation platforms are fully hosted in the cloud, making it easy for Solutions Engineers (SEs) and Product Marketers (PMMs) to create and access their demos anywhere, at any time.
But cloud-based platforms can create cybersecurity risks.
- 80% of organizations experienced a serious cloud security incident during the last year*
- 66% of security professionals believe cloud risks will only increase*
*Snyk - State of Cloud Security 2022
Despite the cybersecurity concerns that cloud-based platforms can bring, there is only one demo creation platform recognized for its security standards—Reprise.
Reprise’s Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 2 Certification verifies that we have the highest level of security and compliance available in an enterprise-class platform, making us one of the safest demo creation platforms on the market.
Is your organization concerned with security risks? Would working with a demo creation platform that prioritizes security bring peace of mind? Then Reprise is the best demo creation platform for you.
PS. If you weren’t already aware, SOC 2 Type 2 is a recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA). Reprise earned this certification because its security practices and processes meet AICPA Trust Service Criteria—and Reprise is one of the only demo creation platform that has SOC 2 Type 2.
Because demo creation platforms are relatively new, qualifying a solution by time-to-market requires a little nuance. A good approach is to ask potential demo platform providers, “How long have you been in business, and how have you applied the knowledge you’ve gained since launch?”
Do they have a good answer? Reprise does.
Reprise was the first demo creation platform on the market. Over time, we’ve learned from studying millions of customer demos and incorporating customer feedback.
Reprise looked at intelligence like which demos garnered the most interactions, which of our platform’s features were highly utilized, and which were underutilized. As a result, the Reprise you see today, and the new versions you’ll see tomorrow, are shaped by customer feedback and demo usage data.
Would you feel more confident working with an experienced provider that continually optimizes its platform based on customer feedback? Then Reprise is the best demo creation platform for your go-to-market team.
In 2023, Reprise launched the first fully integrated, interactive demo creation platform built to deliver the ultimate demo experience for enterprise presales, sales, marketing, and customer success teams. The platform includes a suite of products with overlay, screen capture, and application cloning capabilities — all delivered via an extensible architecture to meet your demo creation needs across the entire buyer journey.
Speaking of listening to customers, many enterprise sales teams wanted an ultra-simple way for AEs to take charge of their own live demo experience. That’s why our latest product, Reprise Reveal, is built for reps who need to build and customize live demos without tapping the expertise of their presales engineers. For many teams, that’s a smart strategy, since 38% of SEs spend more than 5 hours per week preparing demos — where their time could be more efficiently spent closing technical prospects.
Plus, having an easy-to-use platform can accelerate your sales cycle. With Reprise, teams can create a demo library with templated, golden demos. This strategy can empower your sales team to custom-tailor your organization’s best demos to their prospect’s requirements.
You might not be considering this today, but demo analytics can help:
- Improve your demos by focusing them on what your buyers care about. SEs can use analytics from product tours to build a demo targeted toward what they care about, reducing discovery time.
- Gain feedback to improve your sales motion. Figure out what parts of your product are most attractive, and use that data to inform your GTM strategy
- Enable your team to know when to follow up with a prospect, based on visitor data.
Reprise built powerful analytics into our demo creation platform and made them accessible via an easy-to-read dashboard. Our customers have a birds-eye view of prospecting behavior and can look at the total number of views per demo and how much time their prospect spent with it.
They can also zoom into demo sessions, viewing individual user activity like: which screens they viewed, how long they spent on each screen, and where they dropped off the demo. And when our customers share a custom link, they can receive a notification once their prospect opens it.
Would seeing in-depth demo usage analytics help you make better demos and close more deals as a result? If the answer is yes, then Reprise is your best choice.
Do you want to manually capture and import demo usage analytics into the applications your sales and marketing team uses? I’m guessing the answer is no.
If I’m right, you’ll prefer a demo creation platform that seamlessly integrates with your existing tech stack, feeding demo analytics directly into your CRM and automation tools.
Here are a few examples of how synching your demo creation platform to your existing tech stack can benefit you:
- Salesforce Sales Insights - Integrate analytics data with Salesforce to give your reps visibility into how prospects view and share guided demo leave-behinds. Discover buying committee members as your guided demos get shared, and the data gets pushed to Salesforce.
- Marketing Workflows - Trigger workflows and nurture how prospects view your interactive demos by pushing Reprise data into HubSpot or Marketo. Easily add forms to your demos to turn them into an effective lead gen tool.
- Website Analytics - See Reprise data alongside your Google Analytics (GA) data with the GA integration. Determine which guided demos drive desired website behavior and optimize accordingly.
Would it make your life easier to work with a platform built to sync with your existing tech stack? With our extensible platform, an API integration can be created for nearly any application or use case.
Not all demo creation platforms showcase your product in the same way because not all of them capture and replicate your application in the same way.
Some use a “screen capture” (where the html and css of each screen gets captured), and others use a full “application capture” (where the code that renders the front end of your application gets captured). Then, there’s overlay technology that enables your sales team to apply edits to a production environment — with no code required. Unlike other demo creation solutions, Reprise does all three.
Why does this matter? Because one type of capture does a great job of telling product stories, and the other does a great job of replicating authentic product experiences. Both capture options are valuable, but in the end, they make two very different types of demos.
- Full application captures work best for Live Sales Demos. You can clone the front end of your entire web-based product all at once. Make a copy of your front end and essentially put it in a faraday cage where errors and glitches can’t touch it.
In the end, your prospects get a demo environment to play in, and you can safely show them what it feels like to be a proficient user of your product.
- Screen captures work best for Guided Demos. You can capture product screens and stitch them together in whatever order best supports your narrative.
Want to draw attention to a feature that’s three clicks deep? Start your story there instead of on the home screen. Add guided elements like pop-ups and pulsing buttons to walk prospects from beginning to end, pointing out “take my money now” moments.
If you want your SEs and AEs to deliver product experiences on live sales calls, you want a demo creation platform that includes full application capture. Or, demo overlay empowers your solutions engineers to create personalized demos on the fly, using an existing demo environment.
If you want your PMMs and AEs to share product stories with prospects on websites and emails, you want a demo creation platform that includes stitchable screen captures.
Want it all? Then Reprise is the best demo creation platform for you.
Reprise is proven to have a positive impact on business outcomes by improving conversions throughout the funnel, increasing sales efficiency, and decreasing cloud hosting costs. Reprise's full-funnel approach to demo creation positively impacts efficiency and conversions at every stage of the buyer's journey. Using conservative estimates, Forrester calculates a 323% return on investment with Reprise.
Enterprises can experience proven ROI in the following areas:
- Lead generation and pipeline conversion: 60% uplift in average website interactions converted to leads and 50% increase in average conversion from lead to pipeline
- Increased sales capacity and win rates: 20% decrease in unqualified demo requests, 10x increase in SE capacity, and 4% increase in win rate
- Accelerated sales cycles: 50% decrease in average sales cycle, and 75% decrease in cost of acquisition
- Decreased seller ramp time: 1 week decrease in sales onboarding time
- Demoing at scale. 400% more demos delivered without additional SE resources, and 75% lower total acquisition cost due to fewer demo environments running.
Do you want to pay for the features and seats that you’ll actually use? Then Reprise is the best choice for you.
When evaluating the cost of your demo creation platform, you also need to consider the total value it brings your organization. Below are three questions to help you decide which platform would bring you the most value over time.
- Will a demo creation platform without security assurance cost more in the long run? Reprise is one of the only platforms that mitigate cybersecurity risk by being SOC 2 Type 2 compliant.
- Will there be additional costs down the line because I went with a platform that can only make one kind of demo? You have full-funnel access under one provider with Reprise. This means you can make both live sales demos and self-guided demos. With Reprise, you can purchase both use cases at once or start with one and scale up when you’re ready.
- How valuable are demo usage analytics to my sales and marketing teams? Understanding where a prospect is in their purchasing path is just one way to deliver more qualified leads to sales that convert faster.
Do you want a demo creation platform that reduces cybersecurity cost risk and brings revenue value over time? If so, Reprise is the best choice for you.
The demo creation platform you choose should align with your needs as an enterprise. It should make your job easier, showcase product value, bring long-term value, and reduce security risks.
- Is SOC 2 Type 2 certified.
- Integrates with your existing tech stack.
- Can be used to create live sales demos and guided demos.
- Is able to do full-application capture,screen-by-screen capture and demo overlay.
- Provides demo usage analytics.
Want to learn more? Check out our guide to choosing the best demo creation software.
*Results are from The Total Economic Impact™ Of The Reprise Platform, a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Reprise in 2022.