Why do I think the 453 and 454 are good scopes for electronics experimenters?
- The 453 (50Mhz bandwith) is more than enough for audiophiles
- The 454 (150Mhz bandwidth) is sufficient to work on most hobby oriented digital logic
- The 453 and 454 are sturdy, rock solid, and reliable.
- They are quite common in the used scope market.
- They are a good value for the money.
- They easily meet or exceed their performance specs.
- They have excellent triggering circuits that work well beyond the specified bandwidth of the instrument.
- They are easy to use.
- The 453 and 454 do not contain any Tektronix-made IC's. Consequently you are
more likely to find the repair parts that you need, at a fair price.