There are a few demo creation platforms on the market, each one claiming to be the best. So which one is the best?
We think the more important question is, which platform is the best for you?
Below are a few questions that will help you decide if Reprise is the best demo creation platform for you. Read them all, or skip ahead to the ones that resonate.
Most demo creation platforms are fully hosted in the cloud, making it easy for Solutions Engineers (SEs) and Product Marketers (PMMs) to create and access their demos anywhere, at any time.
But cloud-based platforms can create cybersecurity risks.
- 79% of companies experienced at least one cloud data breach during 2021.
- 43% of companies reported ten or more breaches in that time.
Despite the cybersecurity concerns that cloud-based platforms can bring, there is only one demo creation platform recognized for its security standards—Reprise.
Reprise’s Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 2 Certification verifies that we have the highest level of security and compliance available in an enterprise-class platform, making us one of the safest demo creation platforms on the market.
Is your organization concerned with security risks? Would working with a demo creation platform that prioritizes security bring peace of mind? Then Reprise is the best demo creation platform for you.
PS. If you weren’t already aware, SOC 2 Type 2 is a recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA). Reprise earned this certification because its security practices and processes meet AICPA Trust Service Criteria—and Reprise is one of the only demo creation platform that has SOC 2 Type 2.
Because demo creation platforms are relatively new, qualifying a solution by time-to-market requires a little nuance. A good approach is to ask potential demo platform providers, “How long have you been in business, and how have you applied the knowledge you’ve gained since launch?”
Do they have a good answer? Reprise does.
Reprise was not only the first demo creation platform on the market; potential buyers viewed our customers’ demos more than eight million times. This number represents more than eight million opportunities Reprise had to learn about the demo creation process. And we learned!
Reprise looked at intelligence like which demos garnered the most interactions, which of our platform’s features were highly utilized, and which were underutilized. As a result, the Reprise you see today, and the new versions you’ll see tomorrow, are shaped by customer feedback and demo usage data.
Would you feel more confident working with an experienced provider that continually optimizes its platform based on customer feedback? Then Reprise is the best demo creation platform for your go-to-market team.
Reprise VP of Sales, Grace Tyson, shares how sales leaders can leverage Reprise’s demo data to win more deals.
Watching the Reprise customer odometer go past eight million customer demos viewed was pretty exciting. But want to know what was more exciting? Thinking about the sheer volume of demo usage data our customers acquired from those views.
Reprise built powerful analytics into our demo creation platform and made them accessible via an easy-to-read dashboard. Our customers have a birds-eye view of prospecting behavior and can look at the total number of views per demo and how much time their prospect spent with it.
They can also zoom into demo sessions, viewing individual user activity like: which screens they viewed, how long they spent on each screen, and where they dropped off the demo. And when our customers share a custom link, they can receive a notification once their prospect opens it.
So, those eight million demos viewed? That number barely touches the millions of data points our customers have access to. Our competitors offer limited analytics but don’t deliver the deep insights that Reprise does.
Would seeing in-depth demo usage analytics help you make better demos and close more deals as a result? If the answer is yes, then Reprise is your best choice.
Do you want to manually capture and import demo usage analytics into the applications your sales and marketing team uses? I’m guessing the answer is no.
If I’m right, you’ll prefer a demo creation platform that seamlessly integrates with your existing tech stack, feeding demo analytics directly into your CRM and automation tools.
Here are a few examples of how synching your demo creation platform to your existing tech stack can benefit you:
- Salesforce Sales Insights - Integrate analytics data with Salesforce to give your reps visibility into how prospects view and share guided demo leave-behinds. Discover buying committee members as your guided demos get shared, and the data gets pushed to Salesforce.
- Marketing Workflows - Trigger workflows and nurture how prospects view your guided demos by pushing Reprise data into Hubspot. Score leads from known user demos and page views to qualify MQLs faster.
- Website Analytics - See Reprise data alongside your Google Analytics (GA) data with the GA integration. Determine which guided demos drive desired website behavior and optimize accordingly.
Would it make your life easier to work with a platform built to sync with your existing tech stack? Then Reprise is the best choice for you.
Not all demo creation platforms showcase your product in the same way because not all of them capture and replicate your application in the same way.
Some use a “screen capture” (where the html and css of each screen gets captured), and others use a full “application capture” (where the code that renders the front end of your application gets captured). Reprise is the only platform that does both.
Why does this matter? Because one type of capture does a great job of telling product stories, and the other does a great job of replicating authentic product experiences. Both capture options are valuable, but in the end, they make two very different types of demos.
- Full application captures work best for Live Sales Demos. You can clone the front end of your entire web-based product all at once. Make a copy of your front end and essentially put it in a faraday cage where errors and glitches can’t touch it.
In the end, your prospects get a sandbox demo environment to play in, and you can safely show them what it feels like to be a proficient user of your product.
- Screen captures work best for Guided Demos. You can capture product screens and stitch them together in whatever order best supports your narrative.
Want to draw attention to a feature that’s three clicks deep? Start your story there instead of on the home screen. Add guided elements like pop-ups and pulsing buttons to walk prospects from beginning to end, pointing out “take my money now” moments.
Jenn Steele, VP of Marketing at Reprise shares how Reprise customers are seeing success with guided demos.
If you want your SEs and AEs to deliver product experiences on live sales calls, you want a demo creation platform that includes full application capture.
If you want your PMMs and AEs to share product stories with prospects on websites and emails, you want a demo creation platform that includes stitchable screen captures.
Want both? Then Reprise is the best demo creation platform for you.
Demo creation platforms price in one of two ways; a flat price or a variable price. A flat price makes sense for smaller organizations that won’t have a large team creating a high volume of demos.
For example, Reprise offers Starter+ for teams with five users that only need three versions of their demos at a cost of $1,000 per month. Or Starter for teams with a single user that only needs one version of their demo at $0 per month.
But flat fees don’t work for enterprise companies with variable setups. Purchasing a flat, “unlimited” pricing package sounds like a good deal until you realize that you’ll likely end up paying for more than you need.
I call it the hot dog dilemma. When you have to buy two 8-packs of buns to have enough for your 10-pack of hotdogs.
Reprise works with their enterprise customers to build a unique, variable pricing package that ensures they pay for exactly what they need—and nothing more.
Do you want to pay for the features and seats that you’ll actually use? Then Reprise is the best choice for you.
When evaluating the cost of your demo creation platform, you also need to consider the total value it brings your organization. Below are three questions to help you decide which platform would bring you the most value over time.
- Will a demo creation platform without security assurance cost more in the long run? Reprise is one of the only platforms that mitigate cybersecurity risk by being SOC 2 Type 2 compliant.
- Will there be additional costs down the line because I went with a platform that can only make one kind of demo? You have full-funnel access under one provider with Reprise. This means you can make both live sales demos and self-guided demos. With Reprise, you can purchase both use cases at once or start with one and scale up when you’re ready.
- How valuable are demo usage analytics to my sales and marketing teams? Understanding where a prospect is in their purchasing path is just one of the reasons that our customers have seen a 323% improvement in ROI and a 60% increase in lead conversion.*
Do you want a demo creation platform that reduces cybersecurity cost risk and brings revenue value over time? If so, Reprise is the best choice for you.
The demo creation platform you choose should align with your needs as an organization and as an SE. It should make your job easier, your demos better, bring long-term value, and reduce security risks.
- Is SOC 2 Type 2 certified.
- Integrates with your existing tech stack.
- Can be used to create live sales demos and guided demos.
- Is able to do both full-application capture and screen-by-screen capture.
- Provides demo usage analytics.
Ready to try Reprise for yourself? Get a demo today.
*Results are from The Total Economic Impact™ Of The Reprise Platform, a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Reprise in 2022.